OR Technician Cert
Company: HCA Florida Fawcett Hospital
Location: Port Charlotte
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Description Do you want to be a part of a family and not just
another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where
diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and
find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.Our Surgical
Service teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have
a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are
dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise! -At
HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a
difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we
do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and
to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where
patient focus is number one, apply now!We offer you an excellent
total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent
benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team
and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits
include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability,
tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock
purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic
opportunity..The Surgical Technologist performs a variety of
technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for
pre-operative patients. - The tasks and responsibilities
- Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical
- Prepares sterile instrument table.
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations
which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may
include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- Maintains work area.
- Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. Qualifications
- Graduate of a formal surgical technologist program or
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist required.
- Hospital Surgical Tech experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long
periods of time.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients
and/or equipment up to 50 pounds Fawcett Memorial HospitalThe staff
at Fawcett Memorial Hospital continually meets the high standards
required to care for the unique needs of our patients. As part of
the HCA West and Central Florida hospital system, our 237-bed
facility serves the Port Charlotte areaHospital Corporation of
America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2
million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states
including the UK. We care about our community! HCA -has been
continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the
world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.Be a part of an organization that
invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly
qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring
managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise
the bar in patient care! -[EEOC]We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: HCA Florida Fawcett Hospital, Port Charlotte , OR Technician Cert, Professions , Port Charlotte, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!