School Counselor (Elementary School)
Company: Charlotte County Public Schools
Location: Port Charlotte
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Calendar 214/Hrs 8
Charlotte County Public Schools boasts a competitive compensation package* for employees. This package includes a robust employee benefits offering with access to plan options for supplemental and options plans. CCPS offers plan members an onsite Wellness Center. The Wellness Center provides no-cost preventative care, low-cost acute care appointments, behavioral health services, and prescription dispensing for select prescriptions at no additional cost! If an eligible employee does not need medical coverage, CCPS has a paid benefit opt-out option.
*Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate
1. Works with teachers and other staff members to familiarize them with the general range of services offered by the Student
Services Department and to improve the educational prospects of individual students being counseled.
2. Consults with faculty, provides relevant background information on students, interprets academic test data, facilitates the
appropriate educational placement of students, and recommends appropriate educational strategies for dealing with students
with special needs.
3. Assists with the district and state testing programs.
4. Acts as a facilitator of the parent-child relationship by providing short-term advising/counseling services, and by conducting
conferences for the purpose of interpreting tests and academic data.
5. Meets with parents of students when, in his/her professional judgment, such a meeting would be beneficial to the student.
6. Works with students on an individual basis in the solution of personal problems as they relate to success in the school
7. Helps to identify and facilitate the development of special abilities of students.
8. Provides educational counseling to assist students to:
A. Understand the school and its environment.
B. Understand themselves in relation to others in the school environment.
C. Understand their learning progress in relation to their abilities and limitations.
D. Understand themselves in relation to educational and vocational goals, opportunities and requirements.
9. Conducts classroom guidance activities which are in accordance with developmental needs of students.
10. Assists the Intervention Assistance Team with the identification and placement of students at risk or with special needs.
11. Assists in the referral and placement process for special and exceptional student programs.
12. Assists students who are experiencing attendance difficulties through counseling and referral to appropriate resources.
13. Assists students in making smooth transitions from one grade or program to another.
14. Assists in the registration of students new to the school and orients them to school procedures and to the schools varied
opportunities for learning.
15. Performs other job-related functions as may be assigned.
Full job description can be found: https://www.yourcharlotteschools.net/Page/16991
Compensation information can be found here: https://www.yourcharlotteschools.net/Page/16990
Benefits information can be found here: https://www.yourcharlotteschools.net/site/Default.aspx?PageID=18838
*Benefits eligibility will be determined and communicated to new hires during the onboarding process.
Charlotte County Schools promotes Equal Educational and Employment Opportunities.
CCPS CONSIDERS VETERAN'S PREFERENCES FOR ALL POSITIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH F.S. 295.07.
Keywords: Charlotte County Public Schools, Port Charlotte , School Counselor (Elementary School), Other , Port Charlotte, Florida
here to apply!