Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is
dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive
competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional
perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be
challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck;
you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing
programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional
needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and
the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty
military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to
We believe that in order to best serve our
residents and patients, we need to first serve our
associates. One way we do that is through our benefits.
Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate
· 401(k) Retirement
· Benefit plan
· Employee Stock
· Pre-tax Commuter
· Identity theft
· Pet savings and
Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible
spending account, health savings account and more.
· Paid Time Off
life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment
· Voluntary STD and
Ensures all clinical visits needed are
appropriately scheduled to meet the agency’s patient care and
service needs and in accordance with physician’s orders, agency
standards and regulatory requirements. Tracks and provides feedback
to the Clinical Services Manager when scheduled visits are
- Coordinates the scheduling of clinical visits for care team in
compliance with physician approved orders and clinician plotted
visits approved by Clinical Services Manager. Ensures compliance
with the schedule. Communicates any requests to change the schedule
to the Clinical Services Manager and, once approved, reschedules
missed or declined visits.
- Assists clinicians with assuring all visits are properly
assigned and scheduled on Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Maintains on-call schedule for assigned care team. Responsible
for contacting PRN associates according to established protocol to
ensure adequate scheduling of services to meet patient needs.
- Responsible for monitoring and scheduling home health therapy
reassessment visits to meet home health reassessment
- Facilitates compliance in the electronic medical record for
notices provided to the patient or responsible party (e.g. Notices
of Medicare Non-Coverage) in a timely manner.
- Assures compliance with, and facilitates completion of, service
agreements from patient(s) and/or power of attorney(ies) receiving
services from the agency.
- Fields all calls related to the assigned team patients and
routes to appropriate care team members.
- Keeps the Clinical Services Manager informed on aspects within
the care team specific to EMR scheduling workflow.
- Prepares reports for scheduling tracking and participates in
agency meetings to ensure patient and associate scheduling needs
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with co-workers,
associates, patients, and their family members and community
- Adheres to communication and accountability guidelines
established by local and regional administration.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area and adheres to agency
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards as required by
Brookdale and HIPAA concerning community and patient
This job description represents an
overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position.
It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of
responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as
assigned by his/her supervisor.
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
Prefer one year experience scheduling and working with older adults
or in a related healthcare setting.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on
precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using
standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to
supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires
basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work
environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization.
Must have knowledge and working capability of PCs, including
Microsoft Word and Excel.
Physical Demands and Working
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer
and a drug-free workplace.