Food & Nutrition Services Assistant
Company: Fawcett Memorial Hospital
Location: Port Charlotte
Posted on: July 29, 2019
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
FAWCETT MEMORIAL HOSPITAL -- The staff at Fawcett Memorial Hospital
continually meets the high standards required to care for the
unique needs of our patients. As part of the HCA West and Central
Florida hospital system, our 238-bed facility serves the Port
Charlotte area and is a trusted provider of quality care and
compassion with several accredited Centers of Excellence: -- Joint
Care * Chest Pain Center * Spine Care Center * Advanced Primary
Stroke Center * Cancer Care -- Located less than 30 minutes from
southwest Florida---s most famous beaches, we employ advanced
technologies, career stability and the support you need to grow. --
POSITION SUMMARY:--The Food and Nutrition Services--Assistant
performs a variety of tasks that facilitate the provision of food
services and nutrition support to patients, employees and visitors.
These duties include:
- Performs routine duties related to preparation and serving of
- Prepares food for cooking by washing, peeling, shredding,
slicing, and mixing various food items.
- Operates dishwasher or assists with washing/sterilizing dishes,
glassware, silverware, utensils, pots, pans, etc.
- Cleans kitchen work areas, collects and disposes of
- May assist with food stocking.
- Serves food in-- cafeteria for visitors and staff and in
patients room following dietary, sanitary and safety
- Clears patients' dirty trays and works in dish room when
- Works on patient tray assembly line following menu directives
for determining food items for each tray.
- Delivers food trays to patient areas.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Qualifications Job qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 6 months food service experience preferred, previous--
experience in hospital food services preferred.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Fawcett Memorial Hospital, Port Charlotte , Food & Nutrition Services Assistant, Hospitality & Tourism , Port Charlotte, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!