Medical Assistant Scribe
Company: Medexpress Urgent Care
Location: Port Charlotte
Posted on: October 29, 2018
General Position Description:The Medical Assistant Scribe is a role in the MedExpress center that reports to the Center Manager and will work under the direction of the Supervising Practitioner and support their documentation of patient information into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR). Duties are to be performed in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations governing the legal scope of medical practice. They will be responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practitioners, front office and clinical staff. They will be responsible for skills, knowledge and medical terminology of the Medical Assistant.?MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring and Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Utilizes genuine and positive communication to make each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team member who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursue activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.?Principal Duties and Responsibilities:Medical Scribe (75%):
- Perform provider documentation of patient information as dictated by a provider in a legible and clear manner, following all established local, state and federal guidelines for documentation and billing.
- Demonstrated skill in documenting and maintaining patient care records in a complete and thorough manner.
- Ensures that all documentation follows scribe policy and procedure as outlined by MedExpress.
- Follows established medical record requirements.
- Completes all documentation real time and within the same date of service.
- Communicate to provider when chart is complete and ready for review and sign off.
- Clarifies and corrects any documentation under the direction of the provider.?Patient Care (10%):
- Primary patient care responsibilities - As directed by Center Manager:
- Perform clinical intake of patients to include taking and recording vital signs and patient history.
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam preparation, etc.
- Ensure the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff.
- Assist the provider with calling patients and informing them of normal lab and imaging results reviewed by the provider.
- Complete provider orders per clinical functions by position. (State applicable)
- Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and paper based documentation for all clinical assessments and procedures.
- Comply with and follow policies and procedures as outlined by MedExpress.
- Patient care duties as time permits - As directed by Center Manager:
- Complete occupational health testing including such services as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and physicals.
- Apply the use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems.
- Complete patient referrals daily.
- Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.?Learning and Ongoing Education (10%):
- Obtain and maintain certification to perform DOT UDS, BAT, hair testing, and other occupational health services as assigned.
- Maintain clinical skills and competency for all procedures, following policy and procedure guidelines.
- Maintain technical skills and apply new knowledge to position according to MedExpress policy.
- Maintain and update knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Maintain knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Read and keep up-to-date on all ME Communications.
- Complete all assigned training.
- Maintain knowledge of EMR.?Center Readiness and Maintenance (5%) As directed by the Center Manager:
- Assist in maintaining all quality control, clinic inspection, and machine maintenance on a daily basis and report any and all discrepancies appropriately.
- Manage inventory of supplies; restock exam/procedure rooms.
- Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA and Department of Health).
- Maintain and comply with all MedExpress, Optum and Urgent Care Accreditation site assessment requirements.
- Maintain clinical supplies and equipment and ensure proper storage of biohazards.
- Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according to protocol.
- Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control.
- Clean according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records.?Working Relationships:
- Center Managers, Area Managers, Area Manager of Clinical Operations.
- Center staffed based team-members including providers and non-providers.
- Administrative personnel in Operations and Medical Operations.?? Associated topics: family, family medicine physician, family practice, nocturnist, outpatient, physician, physician md do, practice physician, practitioner, provider
Keywords: Medexpress Urgent Care, Port Charlotte , Medical Assistant Scribe, Healthcare , Port Charlotte, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!