Medical Assistant - Pediatrics
Company: Family Health Centers of Southwest Florida
Location: Port Charlotte
Posted on: February 21, 2021
POSITION DESCRIPTION:Provides clerical and clinical assistance as
required. Prepares patient from triaging through vital
signs/medical history. Assists provider and completes procedures,
as directed. Establishes, as directed, specialty appointments,
calls patients and pharmacies (prescriptions) as requested by
providers, as well as other routine clinical assignments. Adheres
to Corporate Compliance program, by reporting improper or unethical
conduct, violation of applicable laws, regulations or program
requirements.DETAILED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide clerical services in the front office as required to
include patient registration, cashier, and appointment
- Provide patient care (obtaining vital signs, ascertaining
primary problem, preparing patient for provider visit.
- Charting on patient medical record/documentation and record
keeping. Knowledge of correct medical record format.
- Track and register patient data for statistical purposes, as
- Assess and responds to patient's needs and educates patients
regarding health care.
- Assists in obtaining lab specimens.
- Performs special patient treatments as directed, including
administration of nebulizers, injections, EKGs, venipunctures,
- Assists with minor surgical procedures. Demonstrates knowledge
of aseptic technique and infection control.
- Prepares, administers and records medications, as directed by
- Communicates effectively with other staff members and displays
appropriate use of medical terminology.
- In accordance with universal precautions, equip examination
rooms, clean rooms, instruments and sterilize same, according to
- Obtains information from hospital or lab as ordered by
- Disposes of infected material in the proper manner, utilizing
red bag container.
- Sets up exam rooms for following day's operation, inventorying
and restocking supplies as needed.
- Completes WIC forms, as required.
- Utilizes electronic health record system to enter, retrieve and
document patient information, clinical tasks, communications, and
physician orders accurately and efficiently.
- Performs other duties, as assigned..
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent training and
- Documentation of completion of a Medical Assistant training
program with certification preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Medical Assistant in
ambulatory care.SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- CPR Certification preferred.
- Bilingual skills English/Spanish preferred.
- Prior computer operation experience, medical systems
- Pleasant phone manners and professional appearance.
- Must be physically qualified to accomplish moderate bending,
stooping, lifting (up to 30 pounds). When required, must be able to
push, pull, and carry files/file boxes of moderate weight (20-30
pounds).KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good organizational skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with
multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural staff.
- Computer literate with good typing skills, 35wpm.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work accurately with cash and receipts and with
attention to detail.
- Ability to exhibit cultural sensitivity, patient empathy and
- Skill in operating medical equipment and performing simple lab
- Ability to seek out assistance and information when
- Competent infection control skills and knowledge.
- Working knowledge of medical records and electronic health
record systemPM21 PI129467946
Keywords: Family Health Centers of Southwest Florida, Port Charlotte , Medical Assistant - Pediatrics, Healthcare , Port Charlotte, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!