Optometric Tech - Doctor's Receptionist
Company: Eyeglass World
Location: Port Charlotte
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Job DescriptionCompany Description
Eyeglass World is part of National Vision, one of the largest and
fastest-growing optical retailers in the United States. Eyeglass
World has over 100 locations across the United States and offers
eye exams, contact lenses, eyeglasses, sunglasses and protective
eyewear. The brand keeps customers happy with affordable prices and
same-day service via in-store labs.For more details about Eyeglass
Word, visit EyeglassWorld.com.At National Vision, we believe
everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help
people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and
accessible.The optometric technician is key for keeping patient
flow efficient, assisting the optometrist by conducting
pre-screenings and testing prior to the Doctor's examination. The
valuable vision tests they conduct help the optometrist provide the
best care possible. This position does not require optical
experience or certification, training provided! Job Description
What would you do? – The Specifics
- Ensures high quality patient care.
- Maintains a professional atmosphere and appearance of doctor's
office and pretest room.
- Understands ocular terminology and diseases and knows the
- Explains to the patient the types of preliminary
- Completes necessary paperwork and performs testing on patients
prior to doctor examination.
- Promotes visual field testing and retinal screenings to
- Performs exam pre-screening.
- Reviews prescriptions and/or patient information carefully and
identifies special needs. Consults with the optician, Doctor or
Retail Management when necessary.
- Fills out referral forms and follow-up paperwork as
- Maintains accurate and organized patient records.
- Ensures equipment, both Doctor's and pre-test, is properly
- Orders and maintains supplies and pharmaceuticals as
- Follows all store and corporate policies and procedures.
- Participates in regularly scheduled mandatory communications
meetings in order to keep informed of changes in corporate policies
and initiatives. Qualifications
Are you the right fit? – The Suitable Talent
- Previous retail/optical experience preferred, but not
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to learn optical knowledge.
- Able to give instruction in a clear and concise manner to
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Multitasking and time-management skills.
Taking care of our peopleWe understand the importance of financial
health and security, and because of that, we provide competitive
compensation to all Associates – including bonus potential for
every position in the store! We also offer a comprehensive benefits
package including health and dental insurance, 401k retirement
savings with company match, flex spending account, paid personal
time off, paid company holidays, parental leave, employee eyewear
discount and much, much more. At National Vision, we strive to
deliver opportunities for professional growth and long-term career
fulfillment. We provide training programs, access to educational
courses and pride ourselves on the ever-increasing amount of
promotions from within.Please see our website
www.nationalvision.com to learn more.National Vision is an
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Eyeglass World, Port Charlotte , Optometric Tech - Doctor's Receptionist, Administration, Clerical , Port Charlotte, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!